The leaves are turning, the nights are getting colder (we can hope, right?), and that means one thing: Halloween is coming!
We've put together a playlist featuring hours of the greatest spooky classical music ever created!
- Ghosts and spooks rise from the peaks in Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain
- Shortly before being committed to a mental institution, Schumann claimed that a ghost brought him the theme used in his Ghost Variations
- Berlioz is cursed by a band of witches in his Symphonie fantastique
- Bernard Herrmann used his music to create the eerie atmospheres of Alfred Hitchcock's greatest films
- The undead take the stage in Aaron Copland's early vampire ballet, Grohg
- plus deathly dances and tone poems from Liszt, Saint-Saëns, Dvořák, Grieg, and more!