Fill Your October With Spooky Symphonies!
This Halloween soundtrack is filled with the best and spookiest classical music ever written.
The leaves are turning, the nights are getting colder (we can hope, right?), and that means one thing: Halloween is coming!
We've put together a playlist featuring hours of the greatest spooky classical music ever created!
- Ghosts and spooks rise from the peaks in Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain
- Shortly before being committed to a mental institution, Schumann claimed that a ghost brought him the theme used in his Ghost Variations
- Berlioz is cursed by a band of witches in his Symphonie fantastique
- Bernard Herrmann used his music to create the eerie atmospheres of Alfred Hitchcock's greatest films
- The undead take the stage in Aaron Copland's early vampire ballet, Grohg
- plus deathly dances and tone poems from Liszt, Saint-Saëns, Dvořák, Grieg, and more!
Check out our Halloween Spooky Symphonies playlist!