RSA at Home: Peter & the Wolf
In Peter & the Wolf, Sergei Prokofiev created a musical story. Each character in the story was played by a different instrument. Here's Disney's classic animated version of Peter & the Wolf. Watch it all the way through!
What to do
- Download our Activity Guide
- Visit YouTube to watch and listen
- Use our suggested questions and activities to engage with the music
While you're watching, pay attention to a couple of things:
- What instruments does Prokofiev use for each of the characters?
- How do the musical themes for each character get changed and interact with each other as the story unfolds?
Once you’re done viewing the cartoon, think about these questions and activities:
- What instrument do you think would best portray your pet? Mom? Dad? Grandma? Grandpa? How about you?
- What story from your life would you tell if you had an orchestra? Make a list of the characters and decide what instrument would play each of them. (Optional: make-up tunes to portray each character!)
- If you were telling the story of Peter & the Wolf, what would you change?
Share with Us Online
Did you have fun enjoying Peter & the Wolf together? Did you draw a picture or write some music? Let us know on Facebook
Hey Parents, Teachers, & Guardians
We're working to add more activities like this one. If you have any feedback or questions, please contact our office.
Looking for More Fun?
Check out our other at-home activities.