solo violin, solo cello, solo piano, 2 flute, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets, 2 bassoons, 2 horns, 2 trumpets, timpani, strings
First performance: 1808. Augarten, Vienna. Carl August Seidler, violin. Nikolaus Kraft, cello. Ludwig van Beethoven, piano.
Sparks will fly with the joy, energy, and diversity of American music. Enjoy favorites from William Grant Still, Aaron Copland, and Joan Tower. Experience the Coltrane-inspired virtuosity of John Adams’ spirited Saxophone Concerto.
- Coriolan Overture
- Fidelio Overture
- Leonore Overture No. 3
- Piano Concerto No. 5 in E-flat major “Emperor”, op. 73
- Symphony No. 1 in C major, op. 21
- Symphony No. 3 Eroica, op. 55
- Symphony No. 5 in C Minor, op. 67
- Symphony No. 7 in A major, op. 92
- Symphony No. 8 in F major, op. 93
- Violin Concerto in D major, op. 61