Piano Concerto No. 2 in G major, op. 44
solo piano, 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets, 2 bassoons, 4 horns, 2 trumpets, timpani, strings
Composed 1879-1880. First performance: November 12, 1881, New York City. Madeline Schiller, piano. New York Philharmonic. Theodore Thomas, conductor.
Sparks will fly with the joy, energy, and diversity of American music. Enjoy favorites from William Grant Still, Aaron Copland, and Joan Tower. Experience the Coltrane-inspired virtuosity of John Adams’ spirited Saxophone Concerto.
- 1812 Overture
- Andante cantabile from Symphony No. 5
- Piano Concerto No. 1 in B-flat Minor, op. 23
- Serenade in C Major, op. 48
- Suite from The Nutcracker, op. 71a
- Swan Lake Suite, op. 20a
- Symphony No. 4 in F minor, op. 36
- Symphony No. 5 in E minor, op. 64
- Symphony No. 6 in B minor, op. 74 Pathétique
- The Nutcracker, op. 71
- Violin Concerto in D major, op. 35