Piano Concerto No. 2 in G major, op. 44
solo piano, 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets, 2 bassoons, 4 horns, 2 trumpets, timpani, strings
Composed 1879-1880. First performance: November 12, 1881, New York City. Madeline Schiller, piano. New York Philharmonic. Theodore Thomas, conductor.
Nutcracker: The Concert
Don’t miss the reimagined magic of this holiday favorite! Tchaikovsky’s music and Ransom Wilson’s newly written narration bring this enchanting tale to life.
- 1812 Overture
- Andante cantabile from Symphony No. 5
- Piano Concerto No. 1 in B-flat Minor, op. 23
- Serenade in C Major, op. 48
- Suite from The Nutcracker, op. 71a
- Swan Lake Suite, op. 20a
- Symphony No. 4 in F minor, op. 36
- Symphony No. 5 in E minor, op. 64
- Symphony No. 6 in B minor, op. 74 Pathétique
- The Nutcracker, op. 71
- Violin Concerto in D major, op. 35